[mdlug] Roadblock to linux

Jason jmtaylor90 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:46:55 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 14:04 -0500, Dave wrote:
> Michael Corral wrote:
> > 2008-01-21, Monsieur Aaron Kulkis a ecrit:
> >
> >> By the way, what bank do you work at?
> >> If it's my bank, I'm moving my money tomorrow.
> >>
> >> The thought of my money being accounted for by the most insecure
> >> operating system on the planet is ... frightening to say the least.
> >>

> > Banks used to run OS/2, but a lot of them now use Windows.
> > You may have to put your money under your mattress.
> >
> > Michael
> > ___________________
>
> The Credit Unions I have done security consulting for all used Unix for
> back end systems (non-desktops)
>
> -dave

I have done consulting for a few banks as well, they were all AS/400
based systems with various emulation/front ends. I never saw a windows
server used for anything remotely critical. I must say I agree with
Aaron, a bank that uses MS for "mission critial" apps is courting
disaster. As an aside, every pure MS "guru" I have ever met has been a
hack (by "pure" I mean they only have MS certs or experience). YMMV. :D

-Jason