[mdlug] Linux and Digital Photography

Richard Staff rstaff at sprynet.com
Mon Jan 21 14:14:59 EST 2008

Okay, let's get back (sort of) on subject.
I got a nice Christmas gift for myself, a Nikon D40x dSLR.
For the Linux OS, I am using MEPIS 7.
digiKam to load images to PC.  (JPEG normal & fine large, and Nikon's
raw NEF.)
Bibble Pro 4.9 for RAW image editing.
Google's Picasa for printing JPEG exported file from Bibble Pro.
digiKam printed the exported JPEG from Bibble in a "pixelated" way.
Picasa's printout on my HP9800 inkjet was perfect and looked nice.
Anyone else using Linux for their digital photos?
What are you using?  And have you gone RAW?
Smile ... say Linux,   :-D
Rick