[mdlug] tax software recommendations

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Mon Jan 14 14:45:16 EST 2008

Both TurboTax and TaxCut have been increasing the prices every year. Used to be around $10-15 (after rebate) in 2002 but this year, the lowest price you can find is $39. Given the volume of business these companies have, the price can be lower. Looks like there isn't enough competition in this area (and people may not be ready to  risk using other software with something like filing taxes).