[mdlug] Marginally OT: Alan Ralsky, Ten Others, Indicted in International Illegal Spamming and Stock Fraud Scheme

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 3 20:01:24 EST 2008

Rich Clark <rrclark at rrclark.net> wrote:
> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-03-2008/0004730341&EDATE=
>
> WASHINGTON, Jan. 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A federal grand jury
> indictment was unsealed today in Detroit charging 11 persons, including
> Alan M. Ralsky, his son-in-law Scott K. Bradley and Judy M. Devenow of
> Michigan, and eight others, including a dual national of Canada and Hong
> Kong and individuals from Russia, California, and Arizona, in a
> wide-ranging international fraud scheme involving the illegal use of bulk
> commercial e-mailing, or "spamming."
>
> The owner of the negatives of the photos of his house taken in 2002 is
> enjoying a cold celebratory beverage.

Very good news.

If this guy had put half as much effort into legitimate
pursuits as he does into scamming, he'd be having a very
nice, comfortable, and relatively stress-free life.

Some people are just their own worst enemies.

This must have something to do with the SHARP drop in spam
that I'm recieving on one of my accounts (normal: 200-400/day),
and a 90% decrease in Russian-language spam (which I actually
kind of miss, because most of it is both legitimate, and it
gives me daily practice with Russian-language skills).