[mdlug] Samba

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 16:37:36 EST 2008

Robert Adkins wrote:

>>> Upgrade to OpenSuSe 10.3.
>>>
>>> Yast2 has a tool for creating Samba users.
>>>
>>> However... From the CLI.
>>>
>>> First have a UNIX User created.
>>>
>>> Then type in (as root)
>>>
>>> smbpasswd -a <username>
>>>
>>> This will add the user, then you will need to use smbpasswd
>>>
>> with the
>>
>>> username and no flag to create the password for that user.
>>>

>> So smbpasswd -a <username>
>>
>> Followed with
>>
>> smbpasswd <username> <password>
>>
>> Right?
>>
>> --
>> Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.
>>

>   Yes.
>
>   Longwinded, I can be.

But I finally have the shared drive working.  Thank you.  I can now use
ImageDupless form the XP to check graphics on the Fat32 drive on gate.

Now to solve the read/write issue

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org