[mdlug] OT - IR jamming

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 15:52:19 EST 2008

Brian Hurley wrote:
>> Alternate theory: have you ever noticed how the definition of
>> a Class C consumer electronics device states, "this device
>> *MUST* accept interference causing unwanted operation."
>>
>> I've seen this even on my top of the line HP calculators.
>>

> Tinfoil hat alert!

Not really that is exactly what they say.  I've often wondered that
myself.  Why not allow it to be shielded to prevent interference?  In
whose interest is requiring interference to be allowed?

Might be better to wrap the tin foil around the camera.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com