[mdlug] Fixing sound problem in Firefox

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 03:20:56 EST 2008

     At the meeting I was told that the daemon controlling the sound
card was most likely the
culprit in videos not playing sound. So I went looking for it in the
Services GUI, and can't
find anything which could be that sound daemon. How do I find exactly
which one to turn off?

     While we're at it, I've got firefox-2.0.0.12.tar.gz. There's a
readme.txt, which refers me to
the Firefox download site. Clicking a link labeled "installation
instructions" sends me to the
middle of that web page where some issues are discussed, but where no
actual installation
instructions can be found. How does one install this tarball?

-----

   - Drew.