[mdlug] Email configuration problem

Duane Brown dobwan at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 22:41:29 EST 2008

My niece works for a company that is having problems with their outbound
business email. They need some help getting it straightened out. I
believe it is directly related to a change in their ISP to AT&T DSL.

They can receive email fine but when they send they get an error
something like "communications error on port 25".

I am assuming this is configuration issue (showing my lack of knowledge
in this area). This is a mixed Apple and MS environment with less than a
handful of machines. I'm guessing they have a Cable/DSL router so they
can share the connection.

I think they are north east of Detroit, like the St Clair Shores area.

If you're interested in helping them out, email me and I'll forward your
information to my niece.

I could probably muddle my way through it but I'd rather put them in
touch with someone who can get this fixed with out wasting their time.

Duane