[mdlug] Toshiba P205-S6347 openSUSE 10.3 VMWare Player Running Sims on XP Pro Review

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Mon Apr 14 06:16:34 EDT 2008

Peter Bart wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> 	What follows were my experiences to date with this machine. I'm not
> really sure if I would buy another Toshiba, the amount of OEM Linux
> support is laughable. You can see it here
> <http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/index.htm>. Getting some of the
> stuff to work can be trying. The basic specs of the machine are as
> follows:

That's one reason why, when I decided to buy a laptop, I went
with HP... their reasonably long history of supporting Unix
(HP-UX) made me feel well that I could get decent Linux support,
and other than the typical problematic wifi, everything else
has been reasonably well supported, even on my ancient SuSE
10.1 install (which I will *FINALLY* be upgrading to 10.3
sometime this week).