[mdlug] OpenOffice easter eggs

Duane Brown dobwan at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 19 07:52:41 EDT 2007

seeing a comment about ... is not an appropriate place for easter eggs.

rigidity and inflexibility drive good programmers away, lighten up and
appreciate that many of the advances in computing have come from
skunkworks projects that occurred when excellent gifted people
"extended" the scope of their jobs and engaged in off target programming.

The only place that I would discourage, nay say it is inappropriate, a
little buff and fluff is in realtime applications where such could have
a life threatening impact.

I don't want my missile defense system popping up ponys.

Duane