[mdlug] Job posting for game porting to Linux

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Sep 17 11:08:22 EDT 2007

> From: Jeff Hanson

> If you know anything about current class A gaming companies then you
> know how significant this is:
> www.valvesoftware.com/job-SenSoftEngineer.html

 It would be very nice to have some Valve games running on Linux. Fortunately,
porting games, particularly to Linux, is about as easy as it can possibly be.
See my review of "Programmming Linux Games" here:

 http://mdlug.org/memberservices/oreilly/reviews/reviews.html

 SDL is *really* well-designed and easy to work with. I've got a project I'm
working on (might be ready for alpha in a month or two) and the SDL portion
of it was a snap, took only a few days.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

  "Before 9-11 I was a conservative. After 9-11 I'm a radical
 liberal... and my opinions haven't changed." - Jeffery McLean