[mdlug] Apple drank the M$ cool-aid

Brian brian at dangerbacon.com
Wed Sep 5 13:12:30 EDT 2007

Huh?  Don't think that will work :)

http://www.apple.com/promo/rebate/ it allows you to enter
> free hand the
date. If you use "07" rather than "2007" it will accept it on
> the page
for entering the product, but when you try to submit the rebate,
> the MS
Dot Net frame work chokes.

I find it interesting they are hosting
> on apple.com with M$ OS rather
than what they try and say is OS
> X....

-dave

PS - From what I understand, Jobs doesn't return calls from
> fellow
Millionaires at institutions, so why bother to inform them. Their
> call
center has no clue.

 Server Error in '/' Application.

> String or binary data would be truncated.
 The statement has been
> terminated.

> execution of the
current web request. Please review the stack trace for
> more information
about the error and where it originated in the
> code.

Exception Details:
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary
data
> would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An
> unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception can

Stack
> Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be
> truncated.
The statement has been terminated.]
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException
> exception,
Boolean breakConnection) +857610
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException

exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735222

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject

stateObj) +188
> System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior
> runBehavior,
SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream,
> BulkCopySimpleResultSet
bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
> +1838
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader
> ds,
RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +149
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior

cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean
async)
> +886
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior

cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String
method,
> DbAsyncResult result) +132
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult

result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +415
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135
> CSIFramework.Database.DataProvider.ExecuteNonQuery(String
> StoredProc,
IDataParameter[] Parameters, IDbConnection connection)
> +198

[DataException: Data Provider Exception: String or binary data would
> be
truncated.
The statement has been terminated.]
> CSIFramework.Database.DataProvider.ExecuteNonQuery(String
> StoredProc,
IDataParameter[] Parameters, IDbConnection connection) +295
> CSIFramework.Database.DataProvider.ExecuteNonQuery(String
> StoredProc,
IDataParameter[] Parameters) +11
> ApplePromotionOnline.Root.ClaimInformation.SaveData()
> +2115
> ApplePromotionOnline.Root.ClaimInformation.cmdContinue_Click(Object

sender, EventArgs e) +38
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String

eventArgument) +107

eventArgument) +7
> System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler

sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
> System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection
> postData) +33

includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version
> Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
ASP.NET
> Version:2.0.50727.42

You should slashdot
> this

BD
mdlug
mdlug at mdlug.org

Fati
"It's not stupid, it's advaaanced!" - Tallest Purple