[mdlug] WiFi -Woes(?) or Broadcom is 'the' lame

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Fri Nov 30 10:45:28 EST 2007

> From: Robert Adkins

> when you update the Kernel, it actually rebuilds the Nvidia Kernel
> interface at the same time so when you reboot, you are
> presented with a GUI again.
>
> 	I've heard that Ubuntu lacks that.

 I dunno what version of Ubuntu he's running, but aside from one incident about
a year and a half back - an acknowledged bug that hasn't been repeated - I've
never run into that, and I've administered Ubuntu machines with three different
Nvidia chipsets.

 Ubuntu is not perfect - nothing is - but its acclaim is well-deserved for the
purposes (general desktop use) it's intended for.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                    (313) 227-2317

 "Demand at least as much veracity from your president as you
               would a filmmaker." - pohl