[mdlug] Ubuntu PXE install

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Nov 26 12:51:12 EST 2007

> From: Jeff Hanson

> <Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com> wrote:
> >  It seems to lock up on shutdown, too, as reported in a couple threads.

> Could be an ACPI or APIC bug.  There are kernel options for
> disabling APIC, etc.

 Nah, the kernel module options listed in the first thread you pointed out solved
it. It now starts up and shuts down cleanly. It's a pretty fun little machine; I've
been enjoying getting some games going on it.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                           (313) 227-2317

  "The Justice Department lifted a requirement Monday that the FBI
  ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information about criminals
      and crime victims before adding it to the country's most
        comprehensive law enforcement database." (03/24/2003)
 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22955-2003Mar25.html

 A case of mistaken identity led the FBI to detain a British retiree
       in a South African jail for three weeks. (02/28/2003)
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2799791.stm