[mdlug] Darwinia game at Big Lots for $4

Joseph Vartanian jvartanian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 00:34:28 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 6:53 PM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis3 at hotpop.com> wrote:
> Wolfger wrote:

> >> Only if the Darwinians do nothing to resist -- otherwise,
> >> the outcome is contested, but the result, whatever it
> >> might be, will still be Darwinian natural selection.
> >
> > I am constantly amazed at how many people deem human intervention to
> > be unnatural. We are, after all, as nature created us... impulses to
> > intervene and all.
> >

> Precisely.

True.  We often forget that we're part of this thing we call nature.
I believe it's just us trying to distance ourselves from the animal
kingdom, because it makes us feel special.  But why shouldn't we
distance ourselves from them?  We're smarter than them.  We're the
only living things on Earth that actually understand concepts like
natural selection and extinction.  We have a much better
understanding, than any other animal, of how our actions impact the
world around us and ultimately ourselves.  This ability to understand
things that other animals can't understand is the one and only unique
ability that nature gave to us humans.  Humans think and animals act
on impulse.  If we don't use this unique ability, and act only on pure
impulse, then that makes us nothing but animals again.

Now I have no idea why I just wrote all that.  I think it was just an impulse.

-Joseph