[mdlug] A big opportunity for Linux?

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 14:56:57 EST 2007

Michael Rudas wrote:
> Here's a headline for you:
>
> "90% of IT Professionals Don't Want Vista"
> <http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/infrastructure/applications/news/index.cfm?newsid=6258>
>
> Even if this is off by a substantial amount, at the very least this is
> REALLY embarrassing to MS.  The number of IT pros willing to look at
> alternatives (including Linux) is heartening.
>
> It certainly puts the lie to the MS trolls that seem to pop up in
> every thread discussing WinVista to say, "It's the greatest thing
> since sliced bread!!!"

Obviously sliced bread isn't that good if that is indeed the case.

> Maybe John Dvorak (usually the ultimate
> troll-columnist) is onto something when he talks about "The Vista
> Death Watch"
> <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2209837,00.asp>

I simply seriously object to having something I do not want shoved down
my throat.  I can't buy a new laptop for example without paying the
Vista Tax.  I want a new laptop and really need one.  But there is that
Vista tax and it really sticks in my craw.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com