[mdlug] What Intel Giveth, Microsoft Taketh Away

Dave Arbogast mdlug2 at arb.net
Sun Nov 18 02:43:51 EST 2007

Guys,

Those with gray hair like me, do you remember what happened back when M$
released Excel version 4 for the Mac OS and they wanted EVERYONE to
upgrade from Excel 3 ???   Those that did not upgrade but still
exchanged files between 2 computers - one with Excel 3, the other with
Excel 4, suffered catastrophic corruption of the hard drive. This
appeared to the user like the HD had gone belly up.  I invested many
hours to recover the data from such hard drives. It is still the same
company and the developers from then (circa 1990) are likely development
managers now for the next batch of Excel developers.

-dave