[mdlug] What Intel Giveth, Microsoft Taketh Away

Dave Arbogast mdlug2 at arb.net
Sat Nov 17 13:42:43 EST 2007

What really amazes me is nearly all CIO's are forgetting Business 101 or
even SOX requirements -

Cost / benefit analysis....    Office 2007 cost 3x (12x?) more to
operate, does it provide 3x more utility in return ? Better still,
Office 2007 VS OpenOffice.

Same goes for Vista vs. XP, or better still Vista vs. Linux (pick your
distro)

If they were really doing their job, they would see the hardware they
invested in is not tied to an OS / Office suite that cost them millions
per year in acquisition cost and many times more  in AV. / maintenance /
performance costs.

-dave