[mdlug] What Intel Giveth, Microsoft Taketh Away

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 09:44:24 EST 2007

I see it a lot on my job.  A company will make a development decision that will cost their clients on computing resource overhead to make it "easier" to support.

I started programming in the days of the 286 and the 8088 pc bit slice and to have fast code you had to manage memory and know the architecture you were working with and use good programming techniques.

Microsoft and other companies are looking to make development cost effective in so doing it takes computing resources and the ultimate cost is passed onto the endusers THAT is not fair.

David