[mdlug] OT: squid question

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 15 22:25:08 EST 2007

Hello, here's what I maybe should have asked:

A user goes to a site, some hotel site.   Nothing wrong yet.   She wants
to check on the availability of certain rooms for certain dates.   There
are drop down menus where she can put in the dates she wants to check.
She clicks 'Submit' and then gets a 'denied' page saying the page is
blocked.  The URL has not changed.   I can check the access log and the
URL is the same.   So why did it get blocked?   All I can see that squid
does is block by domain name.   I know it can also block by regex, and I
saw something in the squid.conf file about "query cache cgi-bin /;
Deny query" (not sure of the syntax).   What is that last one about?
I've spent some time studying the syntax of the squid.conf file.   No,
it doesn't look that hard but I have other things to do.   I mean, I get
to the ACL section, and there are all these entries, yes it's true, the
last person probably did not document it that well.    I guess, I feel
under the gun to learn it quickly.   Sorry if I seem lazy.   I guess I
can buy the O'Reilly squid book and study it over the Holiday break.
Well, thanks for reading.