[mdlug] I'net monitor & restrict w/o proxy?

Joe St.Clair linux at ksimachine.com
Wed Nov 14 14:31:20 EST 2007

I agree with others and would suggest you learn Squid.
It can be setup as a blind proxy, has caching ability, is fairly fast
and is not hard to learn.
I have a script that updates several lists I use.  The update script
runs at night.  It updates "porn" and "ad servers" lists.
I also use "Webalizer - Squid" and "Sarg" to automate the reports of
what Squid is doing.
In the past 6-12 months I have only had to make a couple of minor
adjustments, everything else is handled by the automated scripts.

Joe