[mdlug] Network Map Software

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Nov 14 09:49:03 EST 2007

Check out sourcforge and look through the network tools area.

I recall reading something about such software some time ago.

It's interesting stuff, never really needed to use it myself though.

I do believe that it involves tossing a good number of packets around the
network and comparing the times, averaging things out and then builds a
rough model of the network and what is located where in an abstract fashion.

-Rob