[mdlug] I'net monitor & restrict w/o proxy?

Dean Durant mdlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 13 17:55:38 EST 2007

Hello, does anyone know of software that monitors web sites visited, and restricts unwanted sites without beng an actual proxy?    Presently we have squid.  It was a system we inherited.  But I don't understand exactly how everything works.  Neither does anyone else.   The new boss says he doesn't like it.   My task is to find something simpler than squid.   The new boss says we don't use the proxy features of squid, and so don't need that.   He said, "find something else."   It doesn't have to be free.    Could be HW or SW.     I appreciate any help anyone can give.    Thanks, Dean