[mdlug] opensuse 64 bit vrs 32 bit advantages speed etc.

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Nov 13 07:53:21 EST 2007

> From: Aaron Kulkis

> But which of those are capable of booting up to a
> 64-bit operating system and then running 32-bit
> code? -- it's NOT a trivial thing -- we had 64-bit
> CPUs for over a decade before AMD developed one
> that could accomplish this feat.

 Um, we run 32-bit AIX executables on 64-bit AIX regularly...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                 (313) 227-2317

 "'Depriving us of Trial by Jury' was actually considered sufficient cause
  to start a War of Independence, based on the then-fashionable idea that
                     'liberty' was an unalienable right."
             - Keith Olbermann on suspension of Habeas Corpus
                   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15220450/