[mdlug] OT: job openings

Dave Arbogast mdlug2 at arb.net
Tue Nov 6 19:40:07 EST 2007

allen majorovic wrote:

>Dave Arbogast wrote:
>

>>When we buy something "made in China" we are ALWAYS paying most if not
>>all of the "cheap labor" component of the product to the government
>>owned factory that is fueling the destruction of their ecology and
>>funding their nuclear arms race with us....  NPR had an interesting
>>segment on it last week (arms race). It is the same government
>>Chairman Mao started and the one guilty of killing more millions of
>>its own people than any in all of history. But hey, it is out of our
>>sight and most Americans morals are tied so closely to the dollar.
>>
>>-dave
>>
>>PS - a couple years ago I wanted to buy a non-stick fry pan made in
>>USA.  China-mart didn't have any - 70% by dollar of their product is
>>made in China. Meijer actually had a selection including made in
>>USA...  The funny thing is, the locally made pans were of higher
>>quality and $2 cheaper than those at Wal-mart, or the Chinese made
>>pans at Meijer. So much for "Cheap labor".  No, we don't have morals
>>here for industry, adult or others.
>>

>So when does it become morally acceptable to buy Chinese goods?
>
>Allen

If your moral compass has no problem buying Chinese made goods, you
should have no moral problem buying porn. Otherwise, I would think as
soon as they have another revolution and the people are not killed or
imprisoned for their views, forced to work in Western sweat shops, etc.
The basic human rights issues that some have voiced concern about the
porn industry exist several orders of magnitude greater in China.

-dave

-dave