[mdlug] OT: job openings

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 15:46:57 EST 2007

2007-11-02, Monsieur Brian Hurley a ecrit:
> On Friday 02 November 2007, Michael Corral wrote:
>>>
>>> I can just imaging the discussion I would have with my wife explaining
>>> why I wanted to join the team at nipple-net.com.
>>
>> Or even better, putting that on your resume. Seems like if you join
>> that "industry" you better be prepared to stay in it, like, forever.
>> Not the wisest career move, IMO.
>
> I seriously doubt it would be an issue. Size (webfarm size that is) is what
> matters and technology, not the mission of the employer.

If you seriously believe that, then all I can say is that you are
very naive. Here in the real world, it can definitely matter.

> If anything its as
> likely to help as hurt, as it would make for some amusing banter during the
> interview.

Yeah, human trafficking and prostitution...that's funny stuff. @_@

The "adult entertainment", i.e. porn, industry is run by some slimy
people who get a lot of their "workers" by kidnapping young girls
from other countries, drugging them up, then forcing them into both
prostitution and pornography, oops, I mean "adult entertainment".
There are also a lot of runaways from right here in the U.S. who
get trapped into the same situation. It's a grim "business".

But if you want to believe that interviewers and hiring committees
aren't aware of that, you go right ahead.

Michael