[mdlug] OT: job openings

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 12:08:58 EST 2007

Ingles, Raymond wrote:
>  As the person who started the kidding here, I have to say I agree.
> No need to be snide. I'm minded of the Heinlein quote discussing
> "professionals offering services for pay". Google for it...

        "A whore should be judged by the same criteria as other
professionals offering services for pay -- such as dentists, lawyers,
hairdressers, physicians, plumbers, etc. Is she professionally
competent? Does she give good measure? Is she honest with her clients?
        It is possible that the percentage of honest and competent
whores is higher than that of plumbers and much higher than that of
lawyers. And enormously higher than that of professors."  -- R.A.
Heinlein; The Notebooks of Lazarus Long.

This writer comments that IT professionals had yet to be invented at the
time of the above comment.  :)

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com