[mdlug] OT: job openings

Brian Hurley brian at detroitindustrial.org
Fri Nov 2 20:30:36 EDT 2007

On Friday 02 November 2007, Michael Corral wrote:
> 2007-11-02, Monsieur Evan Carew a ecrit:
> > Matthew Krauss wrote:
> >> Wixom/Novi area company with easy access off of I-96 is seeking a
> >> full-time PHP/MySQL Programmer to work in-house on developing and
> >> maintaining web applications for the Adult Entertainment industry.
> >
> > I can just imaging the discussion I would have with my wife explaining
> > why I wanted to join the team at nipple-net.com.
>
> Or even better, putting that on your resume. Seems like if you join
> that "industry" you better be prepared to stay in it, like, forever.
> Not the wisest career move, IMO.

I seriously doubt it would be an issue. Size (webfarm size that is) is what
matters and technology, not the mission of the employer. If anything its as
likely to help as hurt, as it would make for some amusing banter during the
interview.

--
Brian Hurley
Detroit Industrial Underground

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out
the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.
--Frederick Douglass