[mdlug] President's mail bag - Store to offer Linux preinstalled

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Thu May 31 23:45:25 EDT 2007

Mr. Hughs,

Thank you for contacting me. I find your idea both intriguing and
exciting. Right now I am swamped with other pressing business, but I
hope to be able to provide more extensive input in the next few weeks.

For the time being I will pass your letter on to our membership. I must
tell you that Computer Builders Warehouse got something of a bad
reputation in our group a couple of years ago. If I recall they were
promoting questionable MS 'facts' of some sort. I don't recall the
details off hand. Your project could go a long ways toward changing this.

I hope to be able to drop by your store some time in the next few weeks.
Is there any chance that your store could accommodate a "mini meeting"
of about a dozen people? Just a thought. In the mean time I suggest that
you join one or more of our mailing lists to get an idea of our group's
inclinations. Be warned that purely commercial postings are considered
spam, and greatly frowned upon.

I hope to see you soon
Raymond McLaughlin
President MDLUG