[mdlug] Dell's blog video about new consumer Linux systems

Morris, Tim tmorris at ugs.com
Tue May 29 14:06:29 EDT 2007

> Not according to this:

My statement was based on what I could actually configure on Dell's
website for an Inspiron 1505 (as will most people). The price comes out
exactly the same. Reading the info about the e1505, I notice there are a
few incorrect statements (as of now, anyway)... The IMA950 is not the
only card available (the GFG7300 is also available). You can configure
the systems exactly the same with the exception of the video card.

Your second link shows that the nVidia card, while it is still a low-end
graphics card, is slightly better than an X1300. That may make up the
price difference.

One more thing to note: 2GB RAM for the Vista version was an addition
$150, while it was an additional $200 for the Linux version. Sounds like
a conspiracy to me ;)

--  Tim Morris - UGS PLM Software