[mdlug] IPv6 setup

David Lee Lambert as4109 at wayne.edu
Sat May 26 16:38:14 EDT 2007

On mié, 2007-05-23 at 17:38 -0400, Robert J. Clay wrote:

> On 5/22/07, David Lee Lambert <davidl at lmert.com> wrote:

> > I was able to use ping6 between two anonymous Freenet6
> > IPv6 addresses configured on two hosts on my network;  the ping-time was 90
> > seconds,  when most Internet hosts have a ping-time of 20 to 40 seconds for
> > me.
>
>     "seconds"?

Sorry;  milliseconds.

I tried installing the Go6 Windows client on a Windows system I control
behind a firewall I do not control,  and pinging one of my Linux boxes.
Before I got that far,  I noticed that it kept disconnecting; pretty
soon,  the IPv6 pseudo-interface had about 15 different addresses
assigned!

I tried signing up for an account with Hurricane Electric,  and still
haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail.  Perhaps I'll try again...