[mdlug] Catering items

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Mon May 21 19:58:19 EDT 2007

Jeff Hanson wrote:
> I vote for Faygo Diet Cola because I'm cheap.  Another option is OpenCola:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCola

A few months ago I bought Faygo Diet Cola for that very reason. Mat, an
diet cola drinker described it as "the most vile thing intended for
human consumption that he had ever tasted" or words very close to that.
It may have been a shelf life thing as the soda was about 4 months old,
and had been subject to considerable temperature variation. By and large
diet sodas don't seem to keep as well as regular.

> On 5/21/07, Bill <jr6180 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> And for those of us not on a DIET just PEPSI will be fine.

I have been buying Coke for a couple of years now because I prefer it. I
can tolerate Pepsi. It may be time to switch to carrying Pepsi for a while.

>> Garry Stahl <tesral at comcast.net> wrote:
>>  gib at juno.com wrote:
>>> Okay, I've absentmindedly threw away the note that told me what to buy
>>> for the catering for next months MDLUG meeting. I recall the Slim Jims
>>> and some type of diet pop. Anybody want to refresh my memory?
>>>
>> DIET PEPSI

Personally I prefer water to any variety of diet pop, except maybe diet
Vernors.

>> Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.

Thanks again for stepping in as acting caterer Gib! This was originally
envisioned as a rotating task with the caterer as coordinator.

Raymond McLaughlin
Caterer MDLUG