[mdlug] Linux in the store front ?

Duane Brown dobwan at earthlink.net
Fri May 18 13:04:44 EDT 2007

Software/music retailers should have a machine that roasts CDs/DVDs on
demand. Yes, there would be "issues" to deal with but you could then
create and acquire the latest and only what you want at the kiosk. You
want the latest Ubuntu go to the kiosk and get a brand new fresh roasted
copy. Spider Man 3 (on the release date) would be immediately available.
Distribution via the net, ...

Duane

PS I was at the VMWare user group meeting and they are pushing a product
that is basically that in the format of a Virtual Machine Appliance. A
database server for example would be the minimal OS and the database
server in a, I think, pre-bundled virtual machine downloadable from the
VMWare web site.