[mdlug] *nix company roll call

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Fri May 18 08:15:58 EDT 2007

Jeff Hanson wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis3 at hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>> Why would that matter for your case? Are all companies outside
>> of Michigan run by weirdos living in their mother's basement?
>>
>> And since I doubt any of your management at work is planning on
>> driving all over the state to other Linux sites, that means
>> that any contact will be over the phone or by email...in
>> which case, NYSE is no "farther" away than any other company.
>>

> I think you are reading a lot more into my original request than
> reality.  It had nothing to do with an employer but rather programmers
> I know and the occasional airheaded tech at computer stores.  Local
> examples have more weight.

    So... guys who live in their parent's basements and drink the MS
Kool-Aid.

    Yeah, I've worked with some of them. I find it best to ignore
them... or if you really feel like it, when they rave about the latest
virtue in a MS product that brand new... calmly explain how that
particular "new tech" is actually about 5 to 20+ years old, in the
UNIX/Linux space... (Most of the time, I have found that to be true.)

    -Rob