[mdlug] ...Microsoft patent threat

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu May 17 13:14:55 EDT 2007

> From: Michael Corral

> I agree with Tim that that scenario is unlikely.
> Some people just have a hard time accepting that Microsoft
> really does want to crush Linux, or at least get everyone to
> pay them for the right to use Linux. I think the explanation
> really is that simple.

 Linux isn't their only concern by any means. It's a big threat (particularly
in the server space but desktop is looming on the horizon) but far from the
only one they face. To name the first other three that come to mind, there's
Google, Apple, and the open document initiative.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

 If all the muscles in your body pulled in the same direction,
    you could lift over twenty tons. But you'd walk funny.
                       - L. M. Boyd