[mdlug] OO.org in Mi schools

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:46:37 EDT 2007

On 5/15/07, Bob Dion wrote:

> This showed up on LT yesterday. Any thoughts on forwarding
> this to someone/everyone on your local school board?

... or at the very least other lists.  Here's the driving-force flip side:

"Crushed by the Wheels of Industry"

<http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6183476.html>

Vendor lock-in via "trial" software?  Wowzer!

I once lost a teaching job because I questioned the wisdom of teaching
MS Office to senior citizens-- most of whom could barely afford
computers, let alone proprietary software costing hundreds of
dollars-- instead of OpenOffice.org, or even AbiWord, which would have
suited their needs just fine.

-- Mikey