[mdlug] Scantool use needed

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 22:48:20 EDT 2007

     It turned out that the OBD connectors on my van and Dr. Bob's
car are different, so he couldn't help
me as much as he would have liked. Therefore I'm putting out a call
to the list:

     I need use of a Scantool modem or something with the same
capability, which uses J1850 PWM
connector and protocol (most Ford) for a few hours. The owner may
accompany the device at his
option, as technical help would also be appreciated. I have a
handheld with software for connecting to
it.

     What I intend to do is, with the unit connected and displaying
air mass flow, get data for making
a plot of air mass flow versus MAF analog voltage by driving the van
around at a wide range of power
levels. This should enable me to construct a reasonable gallons-per-hour gauge.

     Does anyone have this device for my particular OBD?

     TIA;

     Drew.