[mdlug] Automotive technical info wanted (only slightly off topic)

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Mon May 7 21:23:57 EDT 2007

Tim,

I also use ScanTool.net with an ELM322 (VPW) based modem.

At this time, I can read and interpret the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble
Codes) (mode 3), and some sensor readings (modes 4,5,6) as
specified in SAE J1979.

Unfortunately I have been unable to read (or write) the mode 9 signals
that I believe carry the auxilliary systems control (e.g. electric windows).
I suspect the mode 9 signals implement the virtual ladder logic
detailed in the service manual.

I can read the raw packets as numeric values, but cannot yet interpret
the numeric values.

Are my suspicions correct?
Do you know how to interpret/read/write the mode 9 signals?

TIA,
--
Dr. Robert J. Meier