[mdlug] Vista DRM hurts Linux?

Michael Rudas (computer) mpr_linux at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 27 00:00:56 EDT 2007

There is one result of the MS WinVista DRM crackdown
that I didn't even think of before, at least not in
these terms...

Following a Red Hat "Truth Happens" link:

"Vista - Arrogance & Stupidity"
<http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit043.html>

took me to an earlier article by the same author:

"Windows Vista - Broken by Design"
<http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit042.html>

which raised the following issue, which
(unfortunately) makes perfect sense from MS's
standpoint:

"Linux users will suffer much more from hardware cost
increases.  Strict open source advocates will not be
able to use any new hardware because open source
drivers will not be available.  Microsoft will not
allow the hardware manufacturers to publish details of
how their hardware works.  If they do, Microsoft will
issue a Vista fatwa disabling their products."

-- Mikey