[mdlug] GNUCash (Was: Knoppix from Windoze)

Richard Staff rstaff at sprynet.com
Wed Mar 21 00:54:13 EDT 2007

I am a Quicken refuge.
When I switched away from Quicken, I started with GnuCash.
GnuCash did a fair job of importing Quicken account items and balances.
However, some balances were severely out of whack.
I ended up deleting such accounts and recreating them with a starting
balance.
After about a year of use, GnuCash froze up and refused to continue to
work with my accounts.
That is when I abandoned GnuCash and switched to KMyMoney.
It is KDE based and does look a heck of a lot nicer than GnuCash.
11 months of use so far, and I like KMyMoney's reports, but let's see if
it makes it past a year.
My $0.02 cents worth (USD)
Rick