[mdlug] Novell + Microsoft press release: Windows is cheaper than Linux

Fati fati at venerealinjection.com
Fri Mar 16 20:20:07 EDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Brian Hurley <brian at detroitindustrial.org> wrote:
> I thought we were discussing the article about the press release, not the
> Novell/MS deal.  You're clearly angry with Novell, therefore everything they
> do is evil and alienating.
>
> I consider myself a member of the open source community and I'm not alienated.
>
> But then again a shill like me would say that, eh?
>
> --
> Brian Hurley
> Detroit Industrial Underground
> www.detroitindustrial.org
>
> Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out
> the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.
> --Frederick Douglass
>

> On Friday 16 March 2007 03:50 pm, Mathew Enders wrote:

> > > Yes, it depends on many factors. The only one mentioned in the article
> > > was the number of Linux distros. The headline was intended to be
> > > inflammatory, as was your email.
> > >
> > > To return to your original email and my question, how does the press
> > > release indicate the Novell is "digging that grave deeper and deeper"?
> >
> > Buy completly alienating the open source community.  If you do not see
> > it then you are blind or a shill.

I'm not so sure that the open source community should give a fig about
this anyway.     Honestly, I am dreadfully sick of the things I read
about Linux turning more and more political and less technical as the
years go by.  When I started using Linux it had nothing to do with
business and enterprise fluff.  It was for free programming languages
and an open environment for learning.  Why should we worry about what
Novell is doing? It's not as though the CIO of Foo Corp. is going to
see the article, come to my house and kick over empty beer bottles to
get to my PC and install Windows on it.  Let the big money makers of
commercial Linux fight it out, it should not be our headache.

--
Fati
"I don't know what weapons World War Three will be fought with, but