[mdlug] computer shutting down

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:42:24 EDT 2007

I mentioned in my DST post that my computer has been shutting itself
off of late. Can anybody tell me how to diagnose this problem? I'm
betting the MoBo is going bad (one PCI slot is confirmed dead as of
December), but I'd hate to spend the time and money on replacing it
only to not have that be the problem. Is there any easy
non-part-swapping diagnosis I can perform? Could it be a heat problem?
What is the threshold temperature? All my fans are working, and this
is a recent problem.

--
Wolfger
http://randomsynapsefiring.eponym.com/