[mdlug] DST hell

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:51:28 EDT 2007

Well, my smugness turned to dismay. I thought I was all set for DST. I
had a recent distro. I even ran the test posted to this list to make
sure. Everything seemed fine. I woke up Sunday morning, and my system
clock was correct. Then my computer lost power. When it came back up,
the time was wrong. I went to "adjust date/time" and set the clock to
sync with NPT, and shortly I was back in business. Then last night my
computer powered off again (I'm thinking I have a CPU/motherboard
problem, as the other computers are not losing power; just mine). When
it came back up: wrong time! Went to "adjust date/time" again, and it
was still set to sync. I unset it, reset it, hit apply, and my clock
was right again, but that's just darned annoying! Any ideas how to
keep my computer's clock right even after a reboot?

--
Wolfger
http://randomsynapsefiring.eponym.com/