[mdlug] FOSS web dev software for windows

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 02:36:02 EDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Garry Stahl <tesral at comcast.net> wrote:
> Mark Montague wrote:
> >
> > Nvu is based on Mozilla, and so runs on most of the same platforms that
> > Firefox does.
> >
> Nvu has some stability issues.  Most of my sessions end in a crash, or
> rather a program lock.  And like any such program it has it's ideas as
> to what works and what does, and they don't always work.  You will need
> to edit the HTML on anything other than the simplest pages.

I have not had stability problems with Nvu-- you may have a PC
hardware or OS problem.  Yes, it's a basic editor, but is DOES
suppport CSS and other standards better than FrontPage.

One might also consider the SeaMonkey suite-- as of v1.1.3, most of
Nvu's features have been back-ported to Composer, and it may be more
stable than Nvu itself, which seems stuck at v1.0

-- Mikey