[mdlug] FOSS web dev software for windows

M. D. Krauss zeros0and1ones at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 18:15:24 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:37:57 -0400
Bob Dion <bobdion at starline-ent.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for Free Open Source software for web
> development that runs on windows that I can DL burn to CD and give to
> a my Friend's 14 year old son. This is so I can at lease get him off
> Front Page, if not on to Linux as yet.

I think Emacs works well.

If he really needs a GUI, and you want him to learn to do things the
right way, I suggest Amaya:
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

Also, make sure he knows about the Web Developer extension for Firefox.
It is not only useful in itself, but makes it easy to run a page
through standards validation.  I'll bet if he starts using it, he will
see just how bad Front Page is.

Good luck,
Matthew