[mdlug] [OT] Perspective

A. Kalten akalten at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 12:37:32 EDT 2007

> No, it isn't. It's dead simple actually:
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/micorral/latexsig.jpg

Appearances can not only important, they can be decisive.

Let us consider further your image.

Why have you used a screen capture to produce this
image?  Ghostscript has drivers for pnm as well as
png that could have been used to produce the image
directly.

Also, the choice of the JPEG format is an extremely
poor choice.  Due to the nature of the compression
process, JPEG is not at all suitable for text (or
any other material that has such drastic edges).
PNG would have been the best choice, but if the
concern is browswer compatibility, then GIF.

Based on this poorly wrought presentation, I would
have serious doubts about your overall competency.

I would come to the same conclusion if I were to
receive a document with no human signature included.

It may be irrational, but that's life.