[mdlug] [OT] Perspective

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Sun Jul 22 21:40:53 EDT 2007

2007-07-22, Monsieur M. D. Krauss a ecrit:
> Michael Corral wrote:
>> 2007-07-21, Monsieur A. Kalten a ecrit:
>>> To include your "John Hancock" you are going to have to create
>>> an image file, ultimately in eps format, and then work it in to
>>> that LaTex template using the \includegraphics{} directive.
>>
> I think this is a fairly easily generalizable example.  The point
> Kalten was making (left unquoted) was that it is hard to position an
> image where you want it, not that it is hard to include an image of
> a signature.  I don't know if that point is true

No, it isn't. It's dead simple actually:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/micorral/latexsig.jpg

It took me about 1 minute to figure out how to put that signature
image in the letter example I gave the other day (I made the signature
itself in the Gimp - you can tell I'm no graphic artist. :) ).

> - you didn't address it - but it is valid.

No, not really. ;)

> Nonetheless, I happen to know that Kmart and Meijer both accept certain
> documents from manufacturers and distributors through email with just
> this kind of digital "signature". It may be asinine, but it is true.

Well, I'll be sure to create an "M.D. Krauss" electronic signature and
sign you up for lots of mailings from Kmart and Meijer. ;)

Michael