[mdlug] [OT] Perspective

Paul set at pobox.com
Fri Jul 20 00:19:29 EDT 2007

	Hi;

	This is an interesting piece on what a computer means to
a professional writer-- in 1982. Its not a 'in my day' nostalgia
thing, but rather an article written in 1982 with some amusing
and ironic historical perspective, and most of all a refreshing
enthusiasm for computing for the ordinary man.
	Constrast this to what often sounds like a rather whiney
sense of entitlement and complaining that seems to surround a
lot of the technology we have today, especially amazing software
available for free....

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/198207/fallows-computer

Paul
set at pobox.com