[mdlug] The new "surface" computer

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 16:17:25 EDT 2007

Robert Adkins wrote:
>     Anyway, what got me thinking about this is some stuff I was reading
> regarding a need for people to start using the metadata features of file
> systems (I believe even FAT32 can do this) to get away from the finite
> combination of the three letter extension. This was talked up regarding
> the metadata capabilities of Linux and certain Desktop Environments.
> It's been a while since I read this stuff so my memory could be slightly
> off.

Amiga (yea that again) uses file headers in that fashion from the very
start.  Learning to add file extensions was something I had to do once I
started using DOS based systems.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com