[mdlug] Cute. Very cute. (No, not really.)

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 12:33:06 EDT 2007

This is very simular to a phone tap.

  And the ACLU American Civil Liberties Union might have some thing to say about it.

  David

Robert Adkins <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:

I do believe that the story speaks for itself. The FBI has the
ability to remotely exploit computers (Presumably only Windows PCs, but
I wouldn't bet that Macs are any safer) and install their own 'malware'.

Here's my thoughts:

1. I'm surprised that this showed up in a warrant. Nothing has
stopped the FBI from abusing the PATRIOT Act before, why stop abusing it
now?

2. Who watches the watchers? How do we know that Agent Chip (On his
Shoulder) isn't using his knowledge of this back door to compromise the
systems of people he doesn't like? What kind of limit really exists on
this back door? Presumably, if they can access the PC remotely to obtain
records they would/could also add other data to the PC. How do we know
for sure that someone (like Agent Chip) hasn't or won't ever use this
power to plant evidence to help someone "get rid" of a problem individual?

3. Where's the outrage?

-Rob